Family Based Immigration Attorneys

Michigan Fiancé Visa Lawyer

If you are a U.S. citizen, you can help bring your fiancé to the United States on a fiancé visa – also known as a K-1 visa. However, there are specific requirements you would need to meet first. Speak with an experienced fiancé visa lawyer from Family Visa to learn more about this process. Schedule a free case consultation today.

Why Should You Choose Family Visa?

At Family Visa, our attorneys primarily focus on immigration law and have a team of multilingual legal professionals ready to advocate and care for your fiancé immigration matters. We understand the complexities involved in these types of cases and can help you through the process of obtaining a fiancé visa in the most efficient way possible. We will make sure you meet the eligibility requirements, carefully review your documents before submission to prevent any errors that may delay your application, and answer any questions you have during the process.

Three Steps to Apply for a Fiancé Visa

There are several steps you will need to take to apply for a fiancé visa to bring your fiancé to the United States, including:

  1. Find out if you meet the K-1 visa eligibility requirements.
    To bring your fiancé to the U.S. on a fiancé visa, you would need to be a U.S. citizen (not a green-card holder), you and your fiancé would need to plan on getting married within 90 days of your fiancé’s arrival in the U.S. on a fiancé visa, you and your fiancé would need to be legally free to get married (meaning you have no previous marriage that has not been legally terminated), and your fiancé and you have met at least once within the two-year period before filing your petition unless you meet the exceptions.
  2. File Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé.
    Submit this form to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). It will establish the relationship between you and your fiancé.
  3. Apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa, or fiancé visa.
    Once the form is approved, your fiancé is able to apply for a fiancé visa, also known as a K-1 nonimmigrant visa, with the U.S. consulate or embassy where they live and bring the required documents for the visa interview.

If you and your fiancé get married within 90 days, as required, your spouse will be eligible to apply for a green card by filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

Contact Our Michigan Immigration Lawyers Today

After getting engaged, there is so much to look forward to – from planning a wedding to finding a place to live. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to start a future together with your partner if you are living apart and dealing with immigration issues.

If you are a U.S. citizen, you have the option of bringing your fiancé to the United States on a fiancé visa – and the Michigan family immigration attorneys at Family Visa can help you make this happen. We can guide you through this process, making sure you have what you need to get a successful outcome. Contact us today to schedule a free case consultation and get started with the process as soon as possible.