Family Based Immigration Attorneys

Michigan Immigration Waivers Attorney

Many issues could rule you inadmissible for immigration, meaning your petition for a visa or Green Card in the United States will be denied. You may be able to proceed with the immigration process anyway, however, with the correct immigration waiver.

An immigration waiver could prevent delays, restore your eligibility for a visa or lawful permanent residence, halt deportation, and more. At Family Visa, our attorneys can help you with all types of immigration waivers. Contact our Michigan family immigration lawyers today to request a free consultation.

How Many Types of Immigration Waivers Are There?

An immigration waiver refers to a document that you can submit to waive, or put aside, your inadmissibility for immigration. Several immigration waivers exist for different situations and circumstances. They include:

  • INA 212(d)(3): Waiver of Inadmissibility for Non-Immigrants. This asks the government to waive most grounds of inadmissibility for non-immigrants who wish to enter the U.S. on a temporary basis, such as those seeking H-1B worker visas and F-1 student visas. It is not available to those seeking lawful permanent residence (also called a Green Card).
  • INA 212(a)(1): Waiver of Inadmissibility, Health-Related Grounds. If your immigration status was ruled inadmissible because of a health problem, such as cancer or organ failure, you may qualify for this type of waiver if you are an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen or you produce evidence of receiving a vaccination against a vaccine-preventable disease.
  • 212(i): Fraud and Misrepresentation Waiver. You may need this waiver if you were found to be inadmissible due to a crime of fraud or misrepresentation in connection to your visa or Green Card application. This waiver is only available if you can demonstrate that a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who is your spouse or parent would face “extreme hardship” if you were denied entrance into the U.S.
  • 237(a)(1)(H): Humanitarian Waiver, or Relief From Removal. If you are presently in deportation or removal proceedings after being wrongfully admitted to the U.S. due to a misrepresentation, you may qualify for this waiver to halt deportation. Unlike most other waivers, 237(a)(1)(H) does not require an application form or fee.
  • I-601: Hardship Waiver, or Unlawful Presence Waiver. If you qualify for the argument of extreme hardship, you may file this waiver after being deemed inadmissible during a visa or adjustment of status application. Extreme hardship must be proven using familial ties to the U.S., a negative impact of separation or relocation, health conditions, or a significant strain on your quality of life.
  • 212h: Criminal Conviction Waiver. If you were convicted of a crime that could rule you inadmissible or deportable (a “crime of moral turpitude”), you may be eligible for a 212h waiver if you can demonstrate that the crime occurred more than 15 years ago, that you or your child were subject to extreme cruelty by your spouse, or extreme hardship.

Check with a Michigan immigration waiver lawyer to find out if you can challenge a finding of inadmissibility in your immigration case. A lawyer can look for a legal basis to oppose the finding and complete the appropriate waiver on your behalf.

Contact a Michigan Immigration Waiver Attorney Today

If you need a waiver to come to or remain in the United States, contact Family Visa for exceptional legal representation. Non U.S. citizens have relied on Family Visa for hundreds of visa applications, which we have handled successfully. We are proud to say that we have a 100 percent case success rate.

Our immigration waiver attorneys in Michigan have in-depth knowledge regarding all of the different ways to dispute inadmissibility, and can help you better understand the waiver that you need to it. We have years of experience filing petitions and waivers with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Once we have resolved your immigration waiver situation, we can also assist you with obtaining a visa or Green Card.

Call (800) 605-VISA to get in touch with our multilingual staff today for a free consultation.